Monday, March 22, 2010

March 15, 2010 letter

Dear Family,

Hey thanks so much for your letters! And the package!! I´m so grateful for you guys - you´re all the best! Thanks for taking care of me and helping me to keep on working out here in the mission field - I´m so thankful for everything! I was so happy when I got your letters and the packages - thanks a million!

That stinks about Carson´s computer being broken - hopefully you guys can get it fixed soon. Those computers are the best! Hopefully something can be done to save it so he can continue working with it more :).

(Gary told Jordan about seeing Jordan Rose playing with BYU’s pep band on t.v. last week.) I miss those guys in percussion - when I get back, it´s a shame that all of them will be gone. Gavin, Matt Slack, Jordan, Andrew Toleman...they´ll all be gone! I´ll have to see if I can get some gigs with Andrew Wangeman or something.

Everything is pretty good here in Libertad - I only have two more weeks here and then I´ll be transferred to another area! It´ll be a big surprise if I don´t get transferred, that´s for sure.

I wrote to Carson about some of the awesome weather we get here. The other day it was a clear sky at like 7 at night, but with this massive white cloud that had tons of lightning bolts shooting through it and everything. It was awesome!!! I´ve never seen stuff like that in Utah before, that´s the truth. Too bad I couldn´t take a picture - but then again, it´s hard to capture those moments well with a camera too.

And so you know, yeah, we´re using the new Principles of the Gospel book out here - called Principios del Evangelio en Spanish, right? I got one for myself so I can study out of it if I want to - I think it´s a really great book!

The work is going pretty good - we´ve got one kid with a baptismal date, but it´s for after this transfer so I won´t be around to see it happen. He´s got 16 years old and is a good kid, but we need to see how dedicated he is - he didn´t come to church and we confirmed a million times what time in the morning we were going to pass by, and we passed by two times but never answered. We´ll see if he holds out much more longer - I sure hope so! Everyone needs the waters of baptism, so I hope he´ll get the desires and interest to truly follow the example of Jesus Christ in his life.

Sorry my letter isn´t too huge this week - we´re still working hard, but right now we´re trying to find good people to get ready for baptism, because some people we thought would work out bailed on us so now we´re back to the drawing board in finding who could be possibilities out of the many that we´ve taught and talked with so far.

Thanks for all you are doing for me family!!! I love you all very much, and I´m thankful for your support you´ve shown me all this time. It´s an honor to be your son, Mom and Dad, and to be brother of the best brother in the world, Carson! I love the mission and I love the Savior, and I´m honored to be able to bear His name for two years. I love you and I´ll be writing another one of these in one week!

Love,
Elder Nuttall

No comments:

Post a Comment