Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010 letter

March 22, 2010

Dear Family,

Woohoo!!! Missionary work is the coolest thing in the world! Sometimes it´s hard, but it´s a blast - I love the mission.

So I´ve got some sweet news - there is a sweet awesome need-to-go-to-or-order-something Argentine shop opened up in Salt Lake City, that sells the SAME STUFF that I´m eating here in Argentina!!! How sweet is that? The meat, the facturas (mom would LOVE those!), dulce de leche that you guys have heard about...like everything! I´ll give you the address right now:

PAMPAS BAKERY
2156 Highland Drive (in the heart of Sugar House)
Mon-Th 8AM-7PM
Fri-Sat 730AM-900PM
1-801-738-8058

These guys are legit Argentines and they make stuff just how it´s done here in Argentina - I got hooked up with the reference from a member that actually lived in Utah for like a year and then came back to Argentina. Cool huh? I highly recommend the place - you guys will be able to taste the sweetness of Argentina! And they do delivery too, I believe :).

My deoderant totally rocks - the stuff you sent me that´s like a green stick stuff? Speed Stick? You should get me more if you can, because I love it! It works wonderfully :) Thanks Mom!

We have two rocking investigators right now, Bryan and Daniel, who are actually friends (we didn´t know that before). They are both 16 years old, both go to the same school and are classmates. Bryan is the son of a recent convert and Daniel is a friend who´s really excited about being baptized APRIL 10th!!!!! My birthday!!! WOOHOO! It´s too bad I´ll probably not be in the area (I´ll be in another I think), but it´s still rocking igual. (huh?) They are rocking guys, and I love them a lot. They are really respectful and are really interested in the Church, and we´re really going to work well with them and teach them the best we can. The Lord has truly blessed us with them.

So yeah, in a week I´ll probably be writing from my new area! We´ll see - the President told me that I´ll probably be heading out, but there´s a chance that I might stay one transfer more...we´ll see what happens. I´d sure love to stay! This is an awesome ward!

There´s this family we visited last night - their names are Patricia (mom), Tatiana (daughter), Milagros, Miguel, and Morena (in order of age - Morena is almost two years old) - they are so awesome! Poor little Miguel - he´s nine years old, and it hit him last night that in a week I´m not going to be here anymore (most likely). He gave me a big hug and started bawling a little bit. I felt bad for the poor little guy - I sure love Miguel! I love that whole family. The people here, especially the members, really do become your family out on the mission. I love them a lot!

It´s going to get cold. I´ll be alright though, now that I´ve got a jacket and sweaters from Mom! Woohoo! Yeah, the weather is definitely cooling down right now - it is officially the end of summer and right now we are in Autumn! So yeah, it´s cooling down a lot more… still not freezing, though, but it´s chilly in the mornings.

We were walking by the other day and this punk started threatening to fight me and saying a bunch of crap, but I just kept walking on with my companion. It was kind of a nervous moment, but I tried not to let anything get on my nerves and just kept pressing on. Nothing bad happened - if it did, that´s why we´ve got companions, right? I´m glad nothing has happened, and I feel bad that there are people who act like that. It also shows that there are definitely people in this world that have issues against Americans - it´s good advice to keep on your feet.

I´m successful only because the Lord is helping me. I pray all day long, way more than I´ve ever prayed in my life, for Him to be with me to help me in my teaching and to help me be a good representative of Him. I try to always be humble and recognize that I can do what I do because of Him. And I´m always praying for you guys all day long too :) Yay! I want to be an excellent missionary, and boy I want to teach as many Priests when I get home as possible to head on the mission. It was hard for me, but I´ll be able to testify to them that it´s something they need to do, and that they´ll be blessed for it. I sure hope Carson goes - I´m trying to help him get out here too.

That´s insane that Joey is married - congrats Joey! I´ll be excited to see you and your wife/family when I get home!

That´s about it for now! I love you guys a ton and I´ll be writing another big letter again in a week! I love you!

Love,
Elder Nuttall

No comments:

Post a Comment